Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Day #3 - Tara's Pregnancy

Day #3 - Tara Being Pregnant in December!


I don't want you to think that I am an emotional sap, but this Christmas season has been extra special for Tara and I.  It all started when we were in St. George, UT during the Thanksgiving break.

Tara and I had the chance to attend a live nativity at Tuacahn Theater.  The nativity started by reading the story of Christ's birth.  After a few minutes, we saw sweet Mary in the distance travelling to Bethlehem with Joseph.  As she approached the city, the following song was being played.  The version we heard is by Amy Grant.  If you would like, listen to the song and continue reading our experience:


As the song was sung, and Mary made her journey with Joseph, I could not help but think of my sweet Tara who is currently sharing the experience of being pregnant with our first child, a son.  This Christmas season truly has taken on a new level of sacredness for the two of us.

While Tara may not be facing the same harsh and difficult experiences that Mary did, she too is pregnant during this magnificent time of the year.  What an amazing situation that Tara is currently in!  Being pregnant and carrying one of our Heavenly Father's children is such a sacred experience.  I am grateful everyday for the strength and care that she already gives to our little baby.  I truly am thankful that Tara and I can be sharing this experience during the "most wonderful time of the year".

I love the Christmas season.  I know that Christ was born in the most humble of circumstances and that through him, we can be happy and endure the experiences of this life.  I am grateful for a loving Father in Heaven who gave the most wonderful gift ever given, more than 2,000 years ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment