Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Day #2

Day #2 - The Utah Jazz


It does not matter how much time I spend in Virginia, the Utah Jazz will always be my team.  Whether they make the playoffs, lose most of their games or lose all of their games, I will continue to be their biggest fan.

From this shot in the 97' finals:


To this shot from Gordon Hayward a couple of weeks ago:


The Utah Jazz are simply amazing.  Come Heck or high water, I bleed Jazz through and through!

Last year in early March, I had the great opportunity of helping give a tour of the United States Capitol Building to the entire Jazz team and coaching staff.  I got to spend a couple of hours walking around the nations most iconic building with some of my biggest idols.  I spent time with Gordon Hayward, Derrick Favors, Trey Burke, Alec Burks, Richard Jefferson (former Jazzman), Matt Harpring (former Jazzman and announcer), and Rudy Gobert.  Easily, one of the most amazing experiences of my life.

Showing the Capitol Rotunda to Derrick Favors and "Marvelous" Marvin Williams (former Jazzman)
When I woke up the morning of the tour, I had no idea that I would be walking with giants.  I knew that the team would be coming into our office, but had no idea that I would be spending hours with them.  I love the exciting moments that come to us unexpectedly.  I may not be able to hang out with the Utah Jazz on a daily basis, but exciting things can happen every day if we are in the right places, at the right time.

We have so much to be grateful for!

No comments:

Post a Comment